Hi! Here’s an ‘extra’ page for all the stuff that seemed too long to fit into a post.
Liebster Answers/Questions from May 24 2014
I’m delighted to say that Sara from Happy Lists Change Lives nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you Sara! If you’ve never heard of the Liebster Blog Award, it’s pretty much a way of spreading love around the blogosphere. If you get “tagged”, you give 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions, and then pay it forward to eleven other bloggers.
So, let’s see…
11 Facts About Me
- I’m a bit of a news junkie. Newspapers, television, radio, the internet – I get my news from everywhere.
- I started this blog on a whim. On Instagram, a few people asked me for recipes and it was so tedious to write out the recipes in the comments section. So I figured I’d start a food blog, and have loved it ever since.
- I only recently discovered PB2, but I am now completely and utterly obsessed with it.
- The beginning of September will mark my 7th year as a vegetarian. Even though I’m no longer a teenager, my family still thinks this is some kind of phase.
- For some reason (I don’t even know why), I didn’t join Facebook until this year.
- I have very low blood pressure. My doctor’s not sure why, but has suggested that I try having more salt. That advice feels so backwards!
- A few weeks ago I ordered a macro lens for my camera (which is actually my Dad’s old camera, because I’m too poor to afford one myself). I’m still waiting for it! Eeek!
- I don’t know how to iron clothes. Seriously, I’ve tried, but I only end up ironing more creases into them!
- Just over a month ago I joined WordAds.
- In August I’ll be celebrating a very special birthday.
- When I was much younger, my favorite foods used to be chocolate chip cookies, ice-cream and McDonald’s. Now I can’t imagine eating any of those! Well, except for homemade healthy chocolate chip cookies (or baked oatmeal that tastes like a giant cookie, of course), frozen banana-based ice-cream made in my Yonanas machine, and veggie burgers.
1. What did you want to do as a grown up when you were little?
I had a few different ideas. I remember coming up with the perfect idea of being the President of the United States. Then I found out that I couldn’t because I wasn’t born in the US. So that was the end to that dream.
2. Where do you feel most relaxed?
On the couch watching TV. Preferably with one of my favorite breakfast foods, or failing that, a bowl of fruit and yogurt.
3. What was your favorite book as a child?
Probably the Harry Potter series. But I would like to stress that I never camped outside a bookstore wearing a costume when the new ones were released.
4. Who do you admire and why?
This is so hard! Of course, there are so many people in history I could point to – Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Susan B. Anthony, Queen Elizabeth I… the list goes on. Thinking of people who are still alive today, I admire the way Michelle Obama has been a more “active” First Lady, promoting healthy eating and exercise. Then I still can’t believe how forgiving Hillary Clinton’s been of her husband’s, um, errors in judgment.
But there are so many other people that I admire, such as the unsung heroes all over the world – doctors, police officers, scientists trying to cure disease or find a solution to climate change; and also regular people fighting cancer, other diseases/disorders, difficult family and/or financial circumstances. As I said, this question is just too hard!
5. Favorite thing to cook?
Any breakfast food! If I had to pick one thing, it would probably be muffins. They only use one bowl (so there’s not too much to clean!), and the smell of freshly baked muffins makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.
6. Current song you can’t stop listening to?
Hmmm, I don’t really have one. I suppose I can’t stop listening to that “Happy” song, but that’s only because it’s played everywhere all the time.
7. Greatest achievement?
Hopefully that’s something still to happen. This is going to sound totally sad, but I just can’t think of anything.
8. Any embarrassing stories you’re willing to share?
Quite a few years ago I was at a Chinese restaurant with my family, and accidentally went to the male bathroom instead of the female one! I thought the urinals were some kind of post-modern art feature. It wasn’t until I’d left the bathroom that I realized my mistake. I was just so glad there were no other customers in the bathroom!
9. Are you traveling anywhere in the next 12 months?
I’m hoping to go to Las Vegas and Dallas, Texas later this year. But we’ll see.
10. What kind of blogs do you most like to read?
Food blogs, since I’m so interested to know what other people are cooking! The blogs I look at the most are The Oatmeal Artist, Oatgasm, Oh My Veggies and Oh She Glows.
11. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
Yeesh, I don’t know. I’m not very good at “promoting” myself. I suppose I’m pretty creative – last week I had to do a business law presentation (at university), and managed to explain market manipulation using Peanut M&Ms.
Now I have to pick eleven other bloggers! This is difficult, but I’m going to go with: Oatgasm, Let’s Get Up and Live, Shine On Be.U.tiful, Balanced Bella, Sugar Sweet Runner, The Gluten Free Treadmill, Little Chef Big Appetite, Paulina Fit, Mewsings of a Cat, Viva the Veg, and Violet’s Veg*n e-Comics.
My 11 questions for you all are:
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
- If you could be eating anything right now, what would it be?
- What is your least favorite herb/spice?
- How many countries have you visited and/or lived in?
- What is your favorite type of coffee beverage (Frappucino, latte, ice coffee, etc.)?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Car, bus, or subway/train?
- What are three things in your kitchen that you couldn’t live without?
- Where do you get your news? Or do you not follow the news at all?
- Do you have a particular food philosophy or special diet that you follow (gluten-free, paleo, vegan, etc.)?
- What is that one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t?