Simple granola made with peanut butter, honey and coconut. Plus, there’s no added oil or refined sugar.
To me, November is pumpkin pie month. Or, to be more exact, the last month where I can turn breakfasts into pumpkin pie without worrying the world is ‘pumpkined out’.
Pumpktober and Novempkin are undoubtedly two of my favorite months of the year. And I promise I won’t say ‘Novempkin’ again.*
*Or for at least eleven months.
But November isn’t just about the gourd family. It’s also Peanut Butter Lover’s Month!
During the first week on November, I made a note to myself to post plenty of peanut butter-y recipes this month. Being a master of disorganisation, I lost the note and completely forgot to post anything peanut butter related.
So that’s awkward.
(I blame the pumpkins – they had me bewitched, I tell you).
Anyway, just before Peanut Butter Lover’s Month ends, here’s a granola that involves both peanut butter and plain peanuts.
As usual, this granola is made without any added oil – other than any oil included in your peanut butter. I used Peanut Butter & Co.’s ‘Crunch Time’, which was provided to me earlier in the year by PB & Co. (This peanut butter does have added oil, although you can buy an oil-free version).
While I went for crunchy peanut butter, I’m sure smooth would work too. But for me, crunchy will always be the superior peanut butter.
Just one thing to be careful about: honey can burn easily. So please keep an eye on your granola! Seriously. I may have burned at least one batch of granola by wandering away from the oven and leaving my precious cereal unattended.
By the way, I have no idea who decided that November was Peanut Butter Lover’s Month. I mean, isn’t every month Peanut Butter Lover’s Month?
But what can I say? I don’t make the rules, I merely forget about them.
Side note: As mentioned above, I was kindly given products by Peanut Butter & Co. But, of course, all opinions are my own.
- ⅓ cup (100g) honey
- ¼ cup (70g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (310g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (20g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (25g) sliced almonds
- ¼ cup (40g) peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C). Line a large baking tray with non-stick paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add the rolled oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds and peanuts. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tray. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes (rotating the baking tray halfway through), or until the granola is golden brown. Keep an eye on it, as granola can burn easily.
- Allow the granola to cool completely. Once cooled, store in an airtight container. Enjoy with yogurt and fruit, or just by the handful.
If your oven is a little uneven, give the granola a stir to ensure it is evenly toasted.